Free Online Training for Health Care Professionals
Domestic Violence & Pregnancy
Effective Screening and Intervention is a 1.5 hour online training intended for staff nurses, advanced practice nurses, physician assistants, social workers, case managers and physicians in the Ob/Gyn and family planning settings. This training will explore the fundamental domestic violence knowledge required to identify, treat, document and, if necessary, report domestic abuse. CNEs (Texas) and CEUs (Texas) are available.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Texas Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This activity meets Type I criteria for mandatory continuing education requirements toward re-licensing as established by the Texas Board of Nursing.
To access Domestic Violence & Pregnancy: Effective Screening and Intervention Strategies for Health Care Providers (DV901)
- Go to https://www.coursesites.com/s/_DV901 (This link will take you directly to the class registration).
- Click on Self-Enroll. (If clicking the link does not direct you to a new page, look at the charts below to see if your Internet browser is compatible with blackboard website. Typically Firefox and Google Chrome will work. You can download Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for free).
- Blackboard will then ask you to enter the Class Code. The class code is: SafePlaceDV901
- Once you have entered your registration code it will then ask you to use an existing account or to set up an account using both a CourseSites ID and password or an existing account from Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Yahoo or MSN.
- Once you have entered the classroom, you may take the online class.
- If you would like to receive CNE credits, upon completing the online course you must send a completed evaluation and test to CommunityEd@SafePlace.org.
- After SafePlace has received and reviewed the test and evaluation, we will email you the CNE certificate of completion for 1.5 credits.
I. Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
II. Apple® Mac OS® Operating System
- Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 9 were tested in Standards Mode only.
- Firefox 3.5 is no longer supported.
- Google Chrome is not supported.
- Blackboard strives to make all its products as accessible as possible. JAWS 11 and 12 are used during accessibility testing.
- Vista/CE 8.0 SP6 was tested with JRE 6.
- Mozilla Firefox has moved to a rapid release cycle. At the time of testing, Firefox 5.0 was the latest available version. Since then, new stable versions may have been released and widely adopted. Blackboard is supporting all newer stable versions of Firefox. Detail on Firefox's release cycle.