Host a Community Event
We warmly welcome the support of community members who take it upon themselves to host an event to benefit SafePlace. By taking on a community event, the host (an individual, business, family or group in the community) assumes all responsibility for creating and producing the event. There are guidelines for hosting a community event and an agreement form we ask hosts to submit to SafePlace so we can recognize your efforts and offer support if we are able.
By choosing SafePlace as a beneficiary of your upcoming event, you not only raise much needed funds but also bring awareness to the community about the help available to those affected by rape, sexual and domestic violence.
If you wish to host your own community event, please read our Guidelines and complete and submit the online Agreement Form.
We are grateful to members of the community who wish to support our work. SafePlace’s mission and philosophy, which drive the work we do, include creating change in attitudes and behaviors which contribute to or impact the community’s understanding and responses to sexual and domestic violence. In keeping with this goal, we reserve the right to not partner, be involved or affiliated with events that include activities, language or advertising that demonstrate beliefs and behavior that are not aligned with our mission and vision.
In addition, please note that SafePlace:
- cannot guarantee a representative will be able to attend your event.
- will not solicit participation from clients or donors (as stated in our Guidelines) for any hosted community event beyond listing the event information:
· on the SafePlace Calendar of Events page;
· on the SafePlace Facebook page;
· on the SafePlace Events Twitter Feed;
· in the weekly staff e-newsletter.
- reserves the right to refuse involvement with or cancel an event at any time for any reason.