SafePlace creates and distributes many materials to distribute to service providers, caregivers, community groups and those interested in replicating our programs. Brochures, palm cards and posters include information about SafePlace and our services or the dynamics of sexual and domestic violence. These are available for public display at businesses, doctor’s offices and wherever community members would like to share information. Large quantities can be ordered for a business or organization to display.
Other materials include videos, curriculum, manuals and handouts to service providers, schools and institutions that want to initiate our programs.
Materials are provided either free of charge, with a shipping fee for mailed items or with a fee to offset expenses incurred by their production.
Disability Services Materials
Stop the Violence, Break the Silence Training Guide & Resource Kit
This curriculum provides comprehensive information, handouts and activities for workshops or presentations about abuse against people with disabilities, increasing access to domestic and sexual violence services and promoting collaborations between disability service providers and domestic violence and rape crisis centers. The content is designed for a variety of audiences, including domestic violence and sexual assault agencies, disability service providers and people with disabilities. The information is presented in six modules. Topics include:
- Disability awareness and sensitivity
- Overview of violence and abuse toward people with disabilities
- Considerations for effectively working with abuse survivors who have disabilities
- Tools for educating and counseling people with disabilities
- An educational support group model for working with survivors of domestic or caregiver violence
- Additional resources
View the Stop the Violence, Break the Silence Training Guide & Resource Kit Introduction and a description of the Modules
Balancing the Power: Creating a Crisis Center Accessible to People with Disabilities
Written with input and advice from people with disabilities, crisis workers, disability service staff and advocates, the manual is a step-by-step guide for domestic violence and sexual assault centers about collaborating with other agencies to better respond to and provide accessible services for survivors with disabilities. Topics include:
- An overview of mental illness and cognitive, sensory, and physical disabilities
- Tips and strategies for working with people with a variety of disabilities
- Adhering to the Americans with Disabilities Act
- How to change agency policies and protocols that pose barriers
Beyond Labels: Working with Abuse Survivors with Mental Illness Symptoms or Substance Abuse Issues
This manual provides information, tools and resources for domestic violence and rape crisis center staff to better understand the connection between mental health and trauma. Readers will be better able to work with survivors experiencing mental health and substance abuse issues and how to create a center more welcoming to these survivors.
Responding to Violent Crimes Against Persons with Disabilities: A Manual for Law Enforcement, Prosecutors, Judges and Court Personnel
Written with the input and guidance of criminal justice personnel and disability rights advocates in Texas, this guide helps criminal justice center professionals better respond to, investigate and prosecute crimes against people with disabilities. Topics include:
- An overview of mental illness and cognitive, sensory and physical disabilities
- Disability etiquette
- The dynamics of domestic violence, sexual assault and caregiver abuse against people with disabilities
- Comprehensive safety planning for crime victims with disabilities
- Strategies for taking a proactive approach to providing accessible services to crime victims
Product Order Form
Expect Respect Materials
Expect Respect Manual
This manual is a complete guide for implementing the Expect Respect Program in schools, high schools or other youth organizations. This set includes the following books and a CD of program forms and handouts.
Download the Program Manual & Training Brochure
Download the Manual Overview
Part I: Support Group Curriculum and Facilitator Guide
Part II: SafeTeens Youth Leadership Curriculum and Facilitator Guide
Part III: School-wide Prevention Strategies Facilitator Guide and Resources
Product Order Form